Two Bronx schools have made New York City’s top ten best high school’s list according to US News and World Report.
Coming in at 5th place (unsurprisingly) is Bronx High School of Science which ranked 49th in the country and also 5th place in the state.
In at 6th place is High School of American Studies at Lehman College which ranked an impressive 57th in the country and 6th in the state according to the report.
In the report’s top 50th list, a total of 5 other schools made the cut and are as follows:
- 49. The Laboratory School of Finance and Technology
- 45. Bronx Center for Science and Mathematics
- 43. University Heights Secondary School-Bronx Community College
- 41. Academy for Language and Technology
- Pan American International High School at Monroe
The schools were ranked based on college readiness (30%), math and reading proficiency (20%), math and reading performance (20%), underserved student performance (10%), college curriculum breadth (10%), and graduation rate (10%).
See the full list of top 50 NYC high schools here.