Open Call For Artists For BxArts Factory Fundraiser at Gun Hill Brewing Co!


Since BxArts Factory announced their launch earlier this year, they have been on fire with event after event and there seems like no stopping them!

Now the group is having a fundraiser and has put out a call for artists and artwork for a fundraiser to be held at Gun Hill Brewing Co on April 17th-18th, 2015 with 40% of any sale going to the artist and 60% to benefit the BxArts Factory, a non-profit arts-based organization.  It’s important to note that you can submit 2 dimensional art INCLUDING photographs as long as you follow the guidelines.

The guidelines for submissions are as follows (or you can view them directly on their website):


1 st BxArts Factory’s Fundraising Exhibition 

BxArts Factory invites you to participate in our first international small format art fundraising exhibition at the Gun Hill Brewery. Help us build an incredible exhibition of artworks by artists, designers, college students, youths, and YOU.

Each artwork must be 12×12 square inches (30 cm) or mounted to a 12”x12” board. All accepted entries will be exhibited at our fundraising event and available for sale to the public for $200 a piece (the unsold pieces will be available online after the show, at the same price). The distribution of earnings will be as follows: 40% of each artwork will be for the artist and the other 60% to benefit BxArts Factory. Each participant may enter up to 4 artworks in any medium (2D only).

12”x12” will include artworks made by international artists and artists in the United States. We want everyone, all ages and skill level to participate. The goal is to gather many pieces of original 12″x12″ works of art. Each person may enter up to 4 pieces. BxArts Factory reserves the right to reject any artwork. Our fundraising goal is to sell 350 to 450 artworks. All artworks will be displayed at our fundraising event on Saturday, April 18th and unsold pieces will be put up for sale at our online gallery after the event. The copyright belongs to the artist and remains as such, regardless of the buyer. It is important to include your contact information with your pieces (full name, phone number, email and website)

All artworks have to be 12×12 square inches (30 cm) no more, no less and ready for installation. Pieces on canvas must be correctly stretched and pre-wired. Framed works have to be 12”x12”, including the frame and have to be wired. Unframed artworks have to be hard cardboard. The external dimensions of the piece should be exactly 12 square inches, including border and mat. Smaller pieces may be mounted to 12″x12″ board. Installation is based on a grid; artworks larger or smaller than 12″x12″ affect the efficiency of this method. Artists can submit a series of artworks. We cannot guarantee that the complete series will be installed together, or, in order, but we will try to install them in a horizontal row. We can NOT accommodate vertical sequencing. Each person may submit up to 4 artworks. If you want them in a certain order, please number the works left to right.

In order to show your work at our fundraising event, we must have your pieces no later than April 9th. All artworks will be installed on April 17th and taken down on April 19th. After the show, unsold artworks will remain in the possession of BxArts Factory and featured at our online gallery until sold.

Please mail your ready to hang art work and submission form to Alexis Mendoza at 1398 Grand Concourse, Apt 5E, Bronx NY 10456.

If you have any questions please contact Alexis Mendoza at (347) 785-2589 or email us at

We look forward to your submissions!

Submission form

The BxArts Factory Team!
The exhibition will take place April 17th and 18th, 2015
At the Gun Hill Brewery, 3227 Laconia Ave, Bronx, NY.


Facebook Comments
Ed García Conde

Ed García Conde is a life-long Bronxite who spends his time documenting the people, places, and things that make the borough a special place in the hopes of dispelling the negative stereotypes associated with The Bronx. His writings are often cited by mainstream media and is often consulted for his expertise on the borough's rich history.